Friday, August 9, 2013

dancing sunflowers







Outfit Details:
J.Crew peter pan knit shirt
horse dress - thrifted, altered
hat - Beacon's Closet
ASOS Prose Platforms
Zac Posen x Illesteva cat eye sunglasses
Patricia Nash tooled leather bag


My older sister Nicole and I shared a bedroom when we were growing up; Amanda always had her own room because neither of us got along with her (don't feel bad for her - she was a meanie head). For the most part, Nicole and I lived in harmony. Or at least, that's the way I remember it. I can't be too sure, because Amanda was so much of a brat, that any fights Nicole and I had must have paled in comparison to the torture she put us through. Now that we're adults, Amanda and I are super close and get along just fine. But seriously...she was the absolute worst when we were kids, and she knows it. Amanda, I know you're reading this - and you're probably saying, "I know, right?!"
Anyway, Nicole and I had to compromise when it came to decorating our room. We were children of the 80s and 90s, so we went through a few predictable phases. New Kids On The Block, Winnie The Pooh, and before the teeny-bopper wave hit us in full force (Tiger Beat and Bop, anyone?) , we also had cows and sunflowers. That's right - cows and sunflowers. How can you have one without the other? And if it's a cow wearing a sunflower - say, on a Blossom style hat? JACKPOT.

The fact that I'm wearing a horse dress in a field of sunflowers made me think of that odd combination, even if horses and cows are not the same. And furthermore, something about the sunflowers made me want to put my sunglasses on them. As soon as I gave in to the impulse, I realized why: I also used to have a dancing flower who had shades. Considering how many responses the instagram version of the last pic got, I think some of you know what I'm talking about. Cows, sunflowers, and dancing flowers with sunglasses. If that doesn't remind you of the 90s, I don't know what will. 

Okay, maybe a lot of other things.

48 comments:

  1. You look so adorable! And I really love your sunnies!

    WEBSITE: www.Fashion-with-Style.com

    FACEBOOK: Fashion with Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet print on your dress ! Cute !

    XX Luba

    Style tips of how to wear pencil skirt today on
    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is too cute. I love it :D


    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress and sunglasses!

    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/
    new post: Top 10 bloggers in bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a gorgeous look and these photos are stunning!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely beautiful!! Great dress!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great look ;)

    xo
    http://emyniaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cool dress!
    You have amazing style!

    The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sunflower looks pretty freaking dapper in your glasses. Oh, and you look cute, too.

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This horse print is so very you! I also had sunflowers in my YELLOW room. Yellow on yellow, man. The way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those horsies are adorable!!
    I really love your straw hat, it's just the perfect shape.
    Is it sunflower season already?

    -Debbie
    Bouquet of Frocks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfit, aha also love the last picture <3

    Cute to the Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pattern is surely a sweet thing!

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures! Your dress is lovely. And that picture of the sunflower with glasses totally DOES remind me of the dancing sunflowers lol.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this post! The outfit is adorable, and I just love sunflowers, so I think it's a perfect background. :-) So stylish!

    XO,

    Gina

    www.popcornandpandas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics! Adore your style & it's well written dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this dress is PERFECT. love the whole post, and outfit. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dress is really different. Love the creativity!
    Check out this fall look book
    http://keatonrow.com/lookbook/52050baa0470d700000063cb

    ReplyDelete
  19. I not only love your outfits, but your pictures are so fun to look at! You always have the cutest settings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This dress is so cool, I love finding weird but cute things when thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that dress is a solid winner. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pictures!

    Have a nice weekend :)

    xoxo

    My blog: www.smartdresser.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this took me back. Those dancing sunflowers with the shades were EVERYWHERE when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful dress, you look nice
    http://lforlilyblog.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that sunflower with the sunglasses on! and I think cows and sunflowers just go hand in hand.

    Mana
    Fashion and Happy Things

    ReplyDelete
  26. love all the photos!! And the dress is so cute! It looks great on you!! ^^

    INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY - You can win a gift card worth $80 to spend on Persunmall! http://insanely-it.blogspot.pt/2013/08/win-end-of-summer-international-giveaway.html Good luck :) View

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing dress, nice shots!!!

    With love,
    Elisa - My Fantabulous World

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh yeah. I remember 90s sunflowers and cows!
    This dress is absolutely amazing against the background of pretty sunflowers. I love the top you layered underneath it too. Such an adorable outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wanna go to a sunflower field too! Gorgeous dear ;))

    ❤ Jenny Tsang
    www.Tsangtastic.com
    – New Post: Cali Dreamin' –

    ReplyDelete
  30. one. that dress is amazing, what an insane find!
    two. how did you get into that field with those shoes, girl!?

    Naomi
    LOST + FOUND

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing shoes ! :)

    gabulka-lovelygirl.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great idea with that sunflower and glases!! Love it!
    Could you support my new starting blog with a visit and maybe a little advertisement or comment? Thank you if so :)

    http://pictopictu.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Not going to lie, I totally had a Blossom-esque hat! haha

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the print on the dress- and what a perfect place for a photoshoot! The shot of the glasses on the flower is adorable :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this outfit, and love the sunflowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. http://cobwebbb.blogspot.com/ what do you think

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's one crazy print on the dress. Love it!

    Cheers! from,
    www.champagnesundayliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. haha, the sunflower with the glasses on definitely reminds me of the 90s.

    www.FashionSnag.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello! How are you? Want to invite them to visit my blog, I am just starting in this world and I want to know that your opinion! Thank you very much!
    My blog: live-laughs-live.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my goodness, I cannot get over how perfect every detail of this outfit is. The hat , the top, the shoes, the DRESS! I can't believe you thrifted that! Just goregous photos, love.
    xo, Tori Lynne
    http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete