Monday, August 5, 2013

Makeup Monday: Glam Rock







It's no secret that I'm usually not a lipgloss fan. In just about every bag I own, you'll find a stray tube of lipstick; you'd be hard-pressed to find any gloss. I have a few that I like, but never really found too many that I love (except this one, in "Forever Rose"). My problem with most glosses is that while they look lovely in the tube, they're usually too sheer or appear blotchy when applied. I want a lot of color, and I also want it to last
Theo Kogan, formerly of the all-female band Lunachicks, was also in need of a long-wearing gloss - one that could last through her performances. Instead of going team lipstick, like I did, she created Armour Beauty. And you know what? The glosses are pretty awesome. I tried out a handful of them over the weekend, and these two were my favorites: Grace and Siouxsie. They are highly pigmented - seriously, they go on like a glossy layer of paint (if paint was moisturizing) - and live up to the long wearing claims.

I also tried out a couple of the sheer ones (click here to see): Kashmir, a lovely light pink, and Last Dance, a dark merlot. While both are very pretty, the latter is a little too sheer for me. Just make sure to check out the descriptions, because they seem to be pretty accurate in describing the opacity/intensity of each gloss.





p.s. If you're wondering about the crazy eye/lip combo, I was in the middle of experimenting with one of my palettes. So stay tuned for a slight variation - I'm currently working on the tutorial!

37 comments:

  1. Wow your eyes look so beautiful.

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is absolutely amazing!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is such a striking look, looks gorgeous on you!

    http://nekotonotanoshii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of lipgloss too... But Siouxsie isn't bad at all... Of course a lipstick is better ;)
    Love the eyes!

    Nadia from The Life In A Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome looks, so pretty! ♥
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow glamorous!

    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.kr/2013/08/soleprovisions-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous look and now I officially hate you because I need both glosses:) How's the staying power?

    http://asequinloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The staying power is great. It's good on siouxsie and even better on grace!

      Delete
  8. so fabulous! i could never pull this look off...but you do so effortlessly! stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good glam rock look! So much fun, drama, and vibrant colour. You look fantastic with both looks! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're amazing! These colors are made for u ;)
    http://theladyvintage.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like these colors, i shoud do the same makeup soon!

    juliannawerty.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing!!! Is there any look you can't pull off?? i doubt it!
    Been following you since the livejournal days and still loving every post!
    x
    kat

    www.chanichiban.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing that - thank you for continuing to follow along!

      Delete
  13. the eye make up.. is ... gorgeous... so in love with it... can't wait for the tutorial <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magnificent make up ! You are an artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://mmclosets.wordpress.com/ check this out !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, those glosses are super intense looking! I love the pink one. These seem like such a great idea!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  17. great make up, mouth also have wonderful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you tried Urban Decay's lip gloss sticks? I find those to be pretty lasting too (not incredible but pretty good), and the color is def intense! I like Crush, a super hot pink. Lip liner before putting it on def helps.

    I wanted to ask, have you used Lime Crime lipstick before? I'm wearing one of their opaque lipsticks (http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/categories/lipstick/) in Centrifuchsia, a super bright fuchsia. It's soft, highly pigmented (like, will-stain-your-lips pigmented), and smells like candy. I wanna try their Velvetines but they're always sold out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to UD! I looove the super saturated pencils. I just wish they didn't have to be sharpened - I lose so much product. I haven't tried lime crime, yet, surprisingly!

      Delete
  19. Wow! The eye make up is totally awesome! The gloss looks beautiful on your lips, so you found yours :) I wanna try them as well, but I believe it will be difficult to get them in Poland ^^'

    StylishSideofLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is SO FIERCE! love how it's so edgy compared to your usual style!


    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another good monday post, you are one of my top 10 favorite make-up bloggers:

    http://listbattle.com/266-top-10-make-up-blogs

    I really love your make-up tutorials

    best V

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorge! I love both lip colors, but I'd probably rock the red. So lovely!

    http://poorjessieann6.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete