Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's all fun and flamingos.









Outfit Details:
Topshop neon coat
vintage dress
Kate Spade sunglasses
Via Spiga "Wray" boots (c/o)
rovimoss first class satchel (c/o) 
MAC Girl About Town lipstick


I was walking through Brimfield, perusing the antiques and oddities, when I spotted this lonely flamingo in need of a home. Even though I was supposed to be looking for an old farm table and perhaps a sofa, at the moment it seemed like an extraordinarily pressing purchase. The heart wants what the heart wants. In retrospect, it was an extraordinarily awesome purchase. I carried him around all day, and you wouldn't believe what a conversation starter it was. Or maybe you would, because who wouldn't want to talk to a person with a flamingo under her arm? I started wondering what it would be like to be the guy who walks around with his cat perched on his head (New Yorkers, you know what I'm talking about). Well, I didn't actually think about that at the time, but I did just now and it's worth a mention. Anyway, I named him Floyd because he's pink (get it?) and I like alliteration in small doses. The end.



p.s. I didn't get a sofa, but I found a table.

30 comments:

  1. LOVE those tights!! Such a great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this playful outfit

    XX LUBA

    Chanel inspired look, to celebrate the Paris Fashion Week, today on
    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style! I wish I could pull off vintage glasses the way that you can. Haha Floyd, that is the perfect name!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colour.. looks so fun :)

    http://bayuradith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great love story with Floyd the flamingo :) loved every bit of your writing in this post, very funny as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're such a gorgeous lady..and your picture are amaziiing
    love your outfits <3

    come and see my blog
    xo,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun post, and I love those shoes!!

    The Flair Society

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Οι μπότες είναι απίστευτες, πολύ ωραίες!!!!!! ρουχα μεγάλα μεγεθη

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I really enjoyed reading the story that came with these photos. The photos are great, but your humor is even better :)

    Love,
    Rachel
    A LA MODEST

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your boots!

    divosdiva.WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. there's a guy in cleveland who rides his bike with his cat in his backpack, peering over his shoulder the whole time. he's a legend,

    you look so florida-y!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE these pictures. So colorful!
    <3

    http://downtownhautefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know u do makeup stuff, but do u ever do tutorialsYour makeup and hair always look gorgeous! I live in ny, I wish I could come and let u make me over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As soon as the leaves start changing colors, the color palette of people's clothes change to match those colors, i.e. they get warmer. I think this would be a Spring outfit to match the blooming flowers. Are you trying to set a new trend or merely trying to compliment Floyd?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This outfit is gorgeous, as are you dah-ling! I absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its your gratefulness for affixing and giving out your blog with all of us its really intersting Cosmetic Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this fun look!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love such colourful clothes as yours, Keiko!
    I have found similar wholesale clothes , but it's allways a surprise what you will get..

    ReplyDelete