Monday, September 30, 2013

Makeup Monday: Golden Girl






Get the look: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Sugarpill Goldilux, Stila Magnificent Metals Eye Shadow in Vintage Black Gold, Butter London Inky Six Eye Pencil and Inky Six mascara, Hex Nail Jewelry "Love" charms and petite linked hearts. Lipstick: MAC "Mehr".
I love any look that makes a big statement without requiring a lot of work, and that's exactly what this whole look was about. I used the mixing medium that comes with Stila's Magnificent Metals shadows to create this easy look, using it with both my loose Goldilux shadow and the Vintage Black Gold. I mixed a little bit of the liquid with each of the shadows,  then used my finger to dab them on my eyelids (Goldilux on the inside and black gold on the outside), as demonstrated by Stila's lovely Sarah Lucero in this video. I layered for more intensity, but it also looks really pretty as a light wash! I also smudged Butter London's dark blue pencil on my lower lash line and added their vivid blue mascara. I'm a big fan of their polishes, so I was really excited to try some of their makeup. They have some really great colors.

Now, about the nails. I got them done at Sakura on the Lower East Side. I added the charms from Hex Nail Jewelry, myself. They say "Love Love" - kind of perfect for me (or anyone in my family), really! Charms are a great way to wear nail art without having to spend a lot of time perfecting your polish technique - and the best part is, these particular charms are only $1.75 and can be reused more than once. I just have to decide which ones I want to wear, next! 


37 comments:

  1. Love this! Your nails look incredible.

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the nails look marvelous.

    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, you look gorgeous.
    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond gorgeous, you look so beautiful! ♥ The makeup and your hair is amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice eye makeup.... nails are cute.x

    http://www.myclayexperience.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this. great selection. greetings from Romania.
    Blugi barbati

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! I saw the headline of this post pop up in my reader and got beyond excited at the thought that this might be a Blanche Devereaux makeup tutorial. haha. However, this is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great make up.. love it!!

    http://bayuradith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the blue totally complements the gold and vice versa! It's a great way of using blue (which I always find so hard to incorporate without me feeling like I look like I'm trying too hard) and still look classy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this!!

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy poop you look amazing! I didn't know there was such thing as blue mascara. Question though: why blue eyelashes and not any other color?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooow I love the make up, and the nails too they are soo cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fab!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow it looks amazing!! I'm gonna try it
    http://lforlilyblog.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Did this crease at all on you? Did it last all day? Always worried about a statement eye not lasting or getting all over my face...

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is incredible - love the blue eye liner and mascara!

    reckless abandon blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loooove the eye make up <3
    xoxo Zoe

    www.thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. always top ... I love your super nice blog :)

    Leak detection

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, loving the bold metallics! You look stunning :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the blue mascara! I gotta check out that lip color too, thanks for sharing the shade :)

    XO Melissa
    I <3 Sale Rack!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this look so much!!!! :)

    Rhonda
    www.theskinnyarm.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just gorgeous! I wish I had eyes like yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always love your looks. I am going to try out this look.
    Thanks
    xx

    Happy Locks

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the golden eye makeup. It's sends a bold statement:)

    Best Powder Brush

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore this look beyond measure. I also adore your photos. Have you ever done a how-to about taking photos of yourself/your makeup? I've been trying to start doing that myself, and I've yet to find the right way. Are you using lighting? If you haven't done a how-to, I'd love if you could!

    http://shedreamsinperfectfrench.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, you look beautiful!

    Judith Meran
    JforFashion.com

    Ps. I'd love to see the rest of that top, From what I see, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice Nail art perfectly matched with whole makeup...

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a great look! makes me want to splurge on some make-up :)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete