Monday, October 21, 2013

Makeup Monday: Five Hot Pink Lipsticks To Try



(I'm wearing Urban Decay "Anarchy" in this photo - it's creamy, shiny, and highly pigmented, with blue undertones.)


I focus a lot on lip products, because it's what receives the most requests. That's probably because I wear lipsticks more than anything else; it's a quick and easy way to make a statement. After compiling a list of Five Red Lipsticks To Try on Westfield Style, a few readers requested that I do the same for some other colors. And so I did, starting with one of my favorite shades. Here are five hot pink lipsticks I love, in different tones and finishes:
1) NARS "Schiap" - semi-matte, fuchsia pink. I wore it in a recent instagram.
2) MAC "Candy Yum Yum" - cool, neon pink with an ultra matte finish.  See it in action
3)
Smashbox "Electric Pink" - bright coral pink with a matte finish. This one is great for warmer toned skin. As seen in this post.
4) Ilia "Neon Angel" - creamy magenta, hydrating formula. I love this line.
5) LAQA & Co Fat Lip Pencil in "Lambchop" - a little more subdued than the others I listed, this bright pink pencil/lipstick hybrid has buildable color, with a glossy finish. No sharpening needed, and it has a lovely minty scent. See it on my beautiful sister, Tessa.


I've already started compiling a list of five rose lipsticks to try, which I'll share next. If there are any colors or even completely different products you would like me to cover, please let me know in the comments and I'll happily oblige!


33 comments:

  1. Love the one from Nars !

    XX Luba

    Style ideas with camel coat, today on
    www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Mac lipstick looks amazing on you!!

    Check out my new JEWELLERY GIVEAWAY!

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Mac lipstick !!


    ​With love,
    Elisa - ​My Fantabulous World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, really hot <3 MAC is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I agree, the MAC is my favourite too! NARS comes a close second though.

      Foreverscarlet.com

      Delete
  5. I love these lists, and I agree a lipstick is the fastest and easiest way to make a beautiful makeup statement! You're so lucky lipsticks with blue undertones look good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink lips!! Is my fav color
    http://lforlilyblog.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought Schiap, and never wore it, so I returned it. I only wore it once, because I have others I prefer. I really adore Hourglass lipstick in Fever.

    Shani x
    http://shedreamsinperfectfrench.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should do a list of dark lipsticks, if you have any. Oh, and I recommend the CK One line at Ulta. AMAZING lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot pink lipstick totally wakes you up! I always wear my Clinique chubby stick when I'm feeling (and looking) extra tired.
    xx Chloe
    http://topknotsandpolkadots.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looove hot pink lipsticks! Great post

    xoxo Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this list! Can you do a list with corals/peach colors?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look stunning here! *__*
    My pink favs are MAC's Candy Yum Yum and YSL's Fuchsia Innocent. One matte, one creamy. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just bought MAC Candy Yum Yum... and it's so freaking loud it's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Urban Decay color on you! Very pretty!
    <3

    http://downtownhautefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would love to see a post on how to find the right nude lipstick/your faves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Need to try the Smashbox lipstick! And Ilia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The electric pink is fabulous! Lipstick is my favorite accessory.

    http://ourkindofdifferent.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so buying electric pink!

    xoxo, Kenzie
    easy-lucky-fr3e.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the mac lipstick. Your blog is a miracle. Love it :)
    Greetings from Pakistan!
    xx

    Maria Speaks Prada

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how all these look on you but I always struggle trying to find a hot pink lipstick that looks good with my ginger hair! :( Any recs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How red is your hair? I actually love hot pinks with red hair - especially strawberry blonde hair. Have you tried MAC's Girl About Town? I've seen some true red heads pull of that color like nobody's business. Also, strawberry reds are worth trying out. The reddish pink hues look great with red hair.

      Delete
  21. Pink on the lips is wonderful <3
    Following :)
    carolajnstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Hot pink is such an underrated color for fall and winter.

    Xo,

    Elise

    www.w-t-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - hot pink brightens up the dull days!

      Delete
  23. That colour is just amazing! You look perfect (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to try Smashbox Electric Pink! I'm definitely warm-toned skin, so I always am apprehensive on what's the right lipstick color for me. This is a worthy try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad, because as a pale girl with cool tones, I don't have as much experience with warm colors. But this one is great! I am going to start doing my research so I can include everyone.

      Delete
  25. This looks so nice, very beautiful color of lipstick!

    ReplyDelete