Monday, October 28, 2013

Makeup Monday: Five Rose Lipsticks To Try


(I'm wearing MAC Mehr in this photo, a creamy matte, nude/rose hybrid) 

Though you'll often see me in reds and hot pinks, I probably wear rose lip colors more than anything. Often dismissed as an "old lady color" (I can't begin to tell you how many people have said that), rose can be a beautiful substitute for a true nude, when you need a little more color. Below are some of my current favorites:


1) Bobbi Brown Lip Color in "Rose" - a medium rose with a soft, matte finish. See it in action here (blotted) and here (full effect)
2) Julie Hewett Cheekie Cheek and Lip Shine in "Bette" - a bronzed rose that can double as a cheek color. I prefer this in pot form but this color seems to be reduced to pan size. See it in action here
3) Too Faced La Creme in "I Want Candy" - a raspberry rose with an ultra creamy, hydrating finish. It leans a little more red than this picture shows, but you can see me wearing it here.
4) Dior Addict Lipstick in "Dior Kiss" - a dark rosy pink with a sheer, glossy finish. 
5) Butter London Lippy Tinted Balm in "Abbey Rose" - though described as a tinted balm, this rose lipstick has medium coverage, with a creamy, ultra hydrating finish.
Want more lipstick recommendations? Check out two of my past roundups, Five Hot Pink Lipsticks To Try and Five Red Lipsticks To Try.


31 comments:

  1. Fantastic round up I have been drawn to rose colored lip sticks lately so it is nice to see this post:) I will have to check out the Butter London offering it looks like a great shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Butter London lippy tint balms are all really pretty. They feel like balm but have more pigment than I expected (which I like). The *only* thing I should warn you of is that the lipstick itself is pretty soft, so it's easily damaged if you use too heavy a hand.

      Delete
  2. nice selection... I love the Julie Hewett

    http://www.myclayexperience.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Julie Hewett - I was pretty bummed to see they seem to have discontinued Bette as a pot, though!

      Delete
  3. rose is my default color for everyday. i love oranges but its just too bold for the office

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Rose is a perfect, happy medium!

      Delete
  4. Love the Mac Color you've got on. It's so pretty!
    <3

    http://downtownhautefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites. It was originally in the line up but I couldn't decide between a couple and figured at least I could still link to it in the picture.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too! It's a great color that looks different on everyone I know.

      Delete
  6. You´re seriously so cute! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try the dior lipstick! can't go wrong with dior :-) Lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! But just in case, I would definitely recommend buying from somewhere like Sephora or Nordstrom, since they have great return policies.

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for these tips. I really need a rose-lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome! Rose is my favorite.

      Delete
  9. When I first started wearing lipstick, I started with rose. It's such a lovely color, but not too scary if your not used to using lip products. Btw, you look stunning wearing it.

    <3 V

    thestreetheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that Bobbi Brown and usually overlook it in favor of its more brightly colored sisters. You've just convinced me to take it out for a spin more often! :)

    Shani x
    http://shedreamsinperfectfrench.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that color you're wearing! I was just at MAC this weekend and picked up a few lip colors, I may have to head back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, can't go wrong with a rosy pink lip! I have to check out the Too Faced one :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to swap rose for nude! MAC Mehr suits you so nicely. I really want to try the Butter London Lipsticks and Glosses, I love their polishes so much!

    merredee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Keiko! I'm writing from Argentina, Your blog is one of my favourites, you have a really lovely style.
    Those are all great lipsticks and it made me laught that here people also say that rose is an old lady colour haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. great tips! rose lipstick is my favorite :)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love red lip stick it makes a statement when you wear it. Make sure to check out fashion blog mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your glasses, What brand are they?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just went through some rosy lipsticks and I hit on MY perfect one: Lipstick Queen - the color is BLUE JEAN. It is hydrating, and matches my lip color perfectly. It's a bit sheer which I love. The Bare Escentuals new Loud and Clears are really nice too, by emollient and sheer…..lip balms, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rose shades are so flattering for fair-complexioned folk. Out of these which one would you say lasts the longest without rubbing off? That's my biggest struggle!

    xo, Liz
    www.casualconcern.com

    ReplyDelete