(Urban Outfitters Heart Over the Knee Socks)
What are your plans, this weekend? Bobby and I are in Florida, to visit his mom for a couple of days, then we're going to Disney World with my giant family. We've never had a family trip, before, and I can't wait to see all of the kids at Magic Kingdom. Fact: on my first trip to Disney, I said to my grandparents, "I must be dreaming..."
Follow along on my instagram to see more from our trip! In the meantime, I put together a roundup of links that caught my eye, this week. And by "caught my eye," I mean they are still open in tabs - because I'm that girl who always has fifty tabs open.
I'm super late to the game on this one, but Humans of NY took up several hours of my life, yesterday (in the best way possible). Thanks, Christine, for introducing me to it! You can also follow on instagram.
- As long as winter is sticking around, I'd like to be wearing this sailor coat. Also, this pink, grey, and white checked coat.
- I spend an alarming amount of time looking for cat themed items. I've also been adding coats to my vintage collection on eBay. I'm obsessed with vintage coats! #followitfindit
- I'm in the market for a new area rug, and I'm currently loving this colorful, floral rug. Any other shops I should check out for interior decor? Helena and I are still decorating the studio!
The Diptyque sample sale is back on the 26th. Naturally, I'll be out of town. I'm hoping some good ones are still available, when I get back!
- My friend Shae recently shot Alice and Olivia's FW 2014 Lookbook, and it's like something out of a beautifully dark fairytale. Check it out!
- How cute is Amy Flying A Kite in this horse dress?
- I try to keep things relatively light on here, but I want to end with something that's very important to me. Mayor Bill de Blasio's administration announced their plan to remove over 400 children from two deplorable homeless shelters (keep in mind, that's a number compiled from merely two shelters), and into permanent subsidized housing or temporary shelters with more suitable conditions. This is long overdue, but a huge step in the right direction. With homeless rates at an all time high in NYC, I'm hopeful that this will raise awareness and bring on a wave of reform - but there's a lot of work to do. Be compassionate to those around you, and help when and how you can. Please check out Women In Need, an organization that assists homeless women and children, to see how you can help. You can also use Charity Navigator to find other organizations in your area.