Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Brooklyn Museum's Brooklyn Artists Ball





(photographed at Brooklyn Museum; painting by Kehinde Wiley)


Outfit Details:
American Apparel crop top
ASOS Premium Full Midi Skirt
Seychelles "Tell Me A Story" heels
Bauble x Anthropologie necklace (c/o)

Though I admittedly know very little about art in a technical sense, I've always valued its importance and direct impact on my life. From a very young age, I sought out art in all its forms: I gravitated toward theatre, drawing, and writing, but tried out every vessel I saw fit - even if I lacked the talent (ahem, dance). Artistic expression - whether mine or of one I admired - made life tolerable, colorful, even powerful. That's why I'm excited to announce that I'm serving on the Dance Party Committee for Brooklyn Museum's Annual Brooklyn Artists Ball. I may not be a great dancer, but that doesn't mean I don't love a good dance party.

On April 16th, I'll be co-hosting (along with Bobby and Helena) the dance party from 10PM - 1AM, and you're all invited! Proceeds from the Brooklyn Artists Ball support the education programs and exhibitions of the Brooklyn Museum, whose role is a vital cultural resource for all of New York City's inhabitants and visitors. You can buy your tickets here. Hope to see you there!



38 comments:

  1. You look marvelous. Love the skirt and the super cute heels.

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, and so great that you're doing a fundraiser :)
    Rosie x
    Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is just fantastic! And the heels! Such a lovely detail:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing skirt! So gorgeous!

    http://julirize.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning, I love your shoes they're so cute xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Classy Keiko! ♥
    I absolutely loooove your skirt, it's so perfect!!!
    I also love your heels, they're so fun and playful! :)

    Too bad I'm in Cali :/ I LOVE ART >Artist< :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super feminine outfit. You look absolutely breathtaking!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look simply divine here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS!
    Wow... This is such an amazing outfit dear, you look stunning! Love the colors, it blends perfectly with your tattoos. Perfect :)

    Dress To Cook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the volume of the skirt! Looks so pretty on you!

    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so beautiful! I really love these photos, especially the last one :)

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wish i lived in nyc so i could come to that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're an amazing beaut !!! Love your shoes so perfect :))M-C

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous and these pictures are just knockout! I think you do understand art because your styling and pictures show the hand of a truly creative soul.

    blue hue wonderland

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the full skirt look. Cute heels<3

    New on www.shallwesasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That skirt is perfection. It's Grace Kelly perfection. I want one in every color.

    I wish I could come to the party, but I'll be away!

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful, feminine outfit! Loving the vintage feel and those shoes are adorable :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfection. Love every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look so. so so . stunning!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos...love this vintage style!

    xoxo,
    Andrea

    www.andreaeveryday.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So in love with that skirt! So structured and cute ;)

    www.Tsangtastic.com

    www.Tsangtastic.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. GORGEOUS!! Amazing outfit!

    Welcome to my blog http://valecore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. The outfit and photography are gorgeous!!!! You are one stunning lady. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful outfit! So classy! Love the full skirt

    ReplyDelete
  25. So amazing!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyeblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look absolutely gorgeous!

    www.thestylecheck.com
    www.thebeautycheck.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just started following your blog and definitely not disappointed! Absolutely gorgeous outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning! Love love love!
    blushingbiddies.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. what an amaaazing outfit! love it, so classy :)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful you are!))

    aboutdrama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Post or mention of your favs or go-to red lips would be perfection. Please and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete