Friday, March 7, 2014

Madonna Inn: Carin Room










Outfit Details:
Family Affairs coat - c/o Emerging Thoughts
ASOS smock dress
Seychelles "Late Night" bow platforms 
(polaroids purchased through The Impossible Project)

With glittery sequin walls and pink floral galore, I had to give you all a peek at the Carin room, at the Madonna Inn. It's a room that deserves to be seen! In case you missed it, I also posted photos from the Love Nest. I loved both rooms, equally, but if our personalities and style were made into themed rooms, Carin was Kimbly and the Love Nest was me. She's all glitter and bright pink, and I'm floral wallpaper and forest creatures. We're both pretty kitschy (which I don't consider a bad thing!) and have a love for vintage , so in my mind, the Madonna Inn was made for us. It's a shame it's all the way over on the west coast; I wish we had something similar. Or do we? Please let me know if there's anywhere on the east coast that I need to check out. I do have Kate's Lazy Meadow on the bucket list - 50s atomic themed cabins owned by Kate Pierson of the B-52s, but I'm always looking for other destinations to explore!


26 comments:

  1. love that first pic... so pretty!.x

    http://www.myclayexperience.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. pink girly dream, huh? ;)

    http://gregoryxgregory.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are SO amazing! wow!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The location is amazing, so beautiful! And you look gorgeous. ♥
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabolous pics and the place! you look so pretty <3
    http://oc.lauraoc.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you kind of belong in that room. so stunning!

    charity, www.lostfoundblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The glittery walls, the rose print everything- a perfect balance of kitsch, nostalgia, and glamour. I really need to visit this hotel one day! Your outfit here is beautiful- loving the shoes especially :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm i need a room with pink glitter walls! #justsaying lol

    <3
    heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That room is amazing and you fit it so well!

    Lovely blog amiga!

    xo

    Michaela

    http://michaelajeanblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That room looks amazing.

    www.thestylecheck.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Carlin Room at the Madonna Inn is beautiful and wonderfully ornate! You look like a classic superstar sitting there with absolutely perfect lipstick and eyemakeup wearing your Asos Smock Dress and over the knee socks. Gorgeous!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, THAT is all the imaginable shades of pink in one room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This might be right up your alley. Not on the east coast, but definitely awesome!

    http://www.hicksville.com/motel.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that last pick, a gorgeous outfit and a gorgeous background.

    http://lashessequinsandlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously need to go to this place. It looks so amazing. I'm dying over that glitter wallpaper!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa that's a lot of pink! I think this would have been my 7 yr old self's dream bedroom!

    xoxo,
    Andrea

    www.andreaeveryday.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! I need to go there. ;) Lovely photos!

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never thought that I'd like a pink glitter wall, but that is amazing.
    There's something weirdly Clueless about this. Maybe it's just the dress and that coat being just similar enough to that one photo of Alicia Silverstone in that fuzzy cropped sweater.

    Meg | dishguts

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read about this room in the fiction book 'The California Club' and it looks just like how it was described!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so over the top pink and glittery, it's amazing <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely adore this. You should of seen my husband's face when I showed him this for our next vacation spot.

    ReplyDelete