Monday, March 24, 2014

Makeup Monday: Urban Decay Electric Palette Tutorial

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay, so when they asked me to put together a couple of looks with their new Electric Palette, I jumped at the chance. Here's the first look I created: Electric Heart. It's a simple look to recreate, because the products do all the talking. Plus, I got to use my favorite makeup helper: scotch tape. Steps are below. I'll be back next week with a second look, but in the meantime, check out all of the blogger looks here!




Left to right, top to bottom:

1) Apply Primer Potion all over lid, and place a single piece of scotch tape going from your outer corner and then up and out.
2) Apply "Savage" to a little more than half of your eyelid.
3) Finish with "Slowburn" and extend it all the way out to the tape.
4) Blend the two colors together, and blend, blend, blend the outer edges.
5) Use 24/7 Liquid liner in "Woodstock" for a monochrome cat eye effect.
6) Remove tape.
6A) This is what it should look like - a stark edge.
7) Drag "Woodstock" pencil on the inner part of your lower lashline.
8) Finish with "Black Velvet".
9) Apply mascara. Done!


26 comments:

  1. Very pretty and bright. Is it true that it does stain a bit upon removal? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors pop like nothing else. Very cool.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that look! So pretty for spring.
    Love, Elle

    http://lashessequinsandlace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, that Urban Decay eye-makeup looks gorgeous on you! You did a fabulous job of applying it. Is there any chance you will be doing some YouTube eye-makeup tutorials using the new Urban Decay Electric Palette colours? I would love to see how the other pretty shades look in tutorials by you as well. Gorgeous!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if I could pull this off. It looks great on you, though!

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome look, your lips are so beautiful! ♥
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty. If I didn't already have 2 bright color palettes at home I would totes get this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The palette looks amazing, perfect for Spring! xo

    New Post up…
    www.Tsangtastic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I would have never thought to combine the two shades together like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning :) I swear by Primer Potion! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, I love this look, it's absolutely flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Especially the lips, smoking hot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colours, that pink liner is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blending skills are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright, beautiful colors!
    And, can I tell you I have been dreaming about the airbrush foundation, blush and highlighter, you posted a few days back! I need to buy it, stat!

    Lindsey
    www.lindseywithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how stunning and vibrant this is! Great job- can't wait to check out that palette in-person :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pigments are so strong, it looks stunning on you!

    Love,
    Ana @ blog.themodelstage.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that looks fabulous!

    www.chicplaisir.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this look is so edgy!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Akk! Careful-- those reds and pinks aren't FDA approved for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete