Monday, April 28, 2014

Makeup Monday: Strawberry Nail Tutorial




Last night, I decided to paint my nails to match my strawberry print dress. I'm certainly not the first to do this, and since I hopefully won't be the last, I broke it down into three super simple steps so that you can see how I did it. And if I can do it, you definitely can - because I don't have the steadiest of hands. Want to know how to make your nails look like little strawberries? Follow the steps below!


Products used: Julep "Myriam" polish, NYC "High Line Green" polish, Kiss Nail Art Pen.


1) Paint your nails red.


2) Using a fine detail brush (mine is from an art kit), paint little green triangles at the base of your nails. It doesn't have to be perfect!


3) Use a white nail art pen (or white polish on a toothpick, fine brush, or bent bobby pin) to make the seeds.

strawberry_nail_tutorialstepfinal
That's it!

Emerging Thoughts is offering a special sale for Keiko Lynn readers! Use code "KEIKO" for 25% off, site wide. Rachel Antonoff, Dusen Dusen, Family Affairs, and more! Shop now!

24 comments:

  1. Wow the manicure looks marvelous! Love it :)

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look great! I should try it myself!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute adore it and your pics are gorgeous as always beaut !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so cute, love the pics! ♥
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! Could you also provide the information on your lipstick color and necklace, Keiko? So perfect for Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipstick is MAC Russian Red, and the necklace is second hand - my mom found it!

      Delete
  6. Oh my, amazing! Love it so much! I have to try this one:)

    New on www.shallwesasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too freaking adorable. All of it. The photos, the nails, the ensemble. As always. :)

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea!!!
    I know what I'm doing my next day off! :)
    Diana @ http://diiasway.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nails look so cool, Keiko! I'm totally going to try this out one of these days. Let's hope my nails turn out as cool as yours.

    http://www.sweethelengrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How ultra cute! The nails look adorable and that lip colour is stunning :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, and well done you! Your strawberry nail art looks perfect. I hadn't seen it done before. I love your strawberry print dress, your strawberry pendant, your strawberry nail art and your lipstick!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, just for spring! I want to try ;)
    And you mom is wonderful ...!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these!!! Definitely going to try this!! Thanks Keiko!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These nails are to die for cute! I love them! They are perfect for spring/summer. I am totally going to try this design out soon! Thank you for the awesome tutorial! btw...I love the choice of Julep! They are one of my favorite brands!

    Samantha
    http://www.busysweetlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Love this :-)

    XO,

    Gina

    www.popcornandpandas.com

    ReplyDelete