Thursday, May 8, 2014

Got holes in my new jeans.








Outfit Details:
Dolce Vita blouse (similar - mine is old. Here's the dress version, tank version)
7 For All Mankind boyfriend jeans (mine are a more destroyed, older version)
Penelope Chilvers needlepoint flats (thanks, Angie!)

Keeping it casual, taking life super seriously. You know, the usual. I wear these jeans just about every other day, even if I'm changing into them to walk the little puppy 'ku. Can you tell they're well loved? The last time I was with Moe - who would've been 95 just a few days ago - she said, "Can't you afford to buy yourself a new pair of jeans?" She was always teasing me about my hole-ridden denim, as many adults tend to do, but she was anything but your typical great-grandma. She just had a really funny sense of humor, and was absolutely the coolest lady I've ever known. Case in point: 94, and she loved my tattoos - especially the one dedicated to her late husband/my great-grandpa (which would be my anchor tattoo, in case you're wondering). I was so looking forward to showing her my latest, and missed her by mere hours.


Moe, I miss you every single day. But I think that you, more than anyone, would appreciate that I'm not giving up these jeans, even as they disintegrate about my knees. I got that stubborn streak from you.




21 comments:

  1. Such a fun photos! You look beautiful and these loafers are so cool.

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this relaxed fun stylish outfit! :) I could copy this look for very low cost and look very put together. you are beautiful! I love your tattoos as well! :)
    www.thepetitemrs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would wear those jeans every day too if I owned them!!! Denim game strong.

    xx
    http://www.queenof808s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jeans look so rad!! I think that Moe would have appreciated it :D

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is great !!! Adore these pics, your shoes, top, jeans, you always so fresh & beautiful M-C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous outfit and great photos too. The older people in our lives are often a lot more understanding than we think :)
    Rosie x
    Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your great grandmother she sounded like a wonderful lady...I often think about my grandparents as well....sometimes even when I'm doing mundane things...like buying milk in the supermarket....it never goes away......xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pics and shoes!

    http://thefashionprincessblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading this gave me goosebumps. Gorgeous, as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your granny was really great person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful look, as always! Love how you paired the distressed jeans with the lacy top and those shoes are super cool! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great little story! Also those shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This collection is so pretty. I super love every shade especially the dusty orchid. I love purples so I think I will try this one first. UV color gels

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for your loss. My grandparents always say the same thing to my sister and I--teasing, of course. Holey jeans are the best kind! :)

    - Samantha
    http://thelifeandtimesofsam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore your top!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. just found your blog and i adore it xxxx

    ReplyDelete