Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bonjour, Paris!










"I'm strictly a tourist, but I couldn't care less."

Outfit Details:
tba (to be adored) scalloped organza dress  (worn with a petticoat)
thrifted bow belt 
Coach motorcycle jacket (old)
h+m boater hat (old)
Lancaster Paris "Betty" bag (c/o)
Karen Walker "Anytime" sunglasses
Seychelles "Ampersand" heels 

Between Florida, Nashville, Florida (again), Paris, North Carolina, Paris (again), and Florida (again), it seems like I've barely been home. Some of these trips were for pleasure, some for work, and some for unfortunate circumstances - but they all taught me the same thing: it's important to slow down, to enjoy life and the ones you love. Truth be told, I barely remember 2013 - save for the heartache it caused me - and 2014 was starting to look like the same. But I made some changes, shifted my priorities, and have been making this the year of living for each moment and cherishing what and whom I have around me. I spent so much time fixating on the past and worrying about the future, it completely paralyzed me. Now, I just want to keep on moving forward, even if I'm tiptoeing at a snail's pace, from time to time. I wasted so many beautiful days that could have been filled with grand adventures or even good conversation, because I let my anxiety and depression get the best of me, because I let circumstances beyond my control dictate my every breath and being. No more of that, I swear; this time it's for real. I've been proactive in my decision to progress, let go, to heal and to grow.

Here's to starting over, no matter how many years it takes to get you to your new beginning. I've been told I'm incredibly resilient, and I bet you are, too. Let's make the rest of the year an adventurous one.


36 comments:

  1. I agree with u let's live to the max !! we need to cut our fears & enjoy every sec ! You're just more than beautiful, like a poetic drawing M-C

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks so lovely. I'm glad you're feeling better again. I totally agree with you :)

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect! You look gorgeous, love! <3

    www.ennfrancosays.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, I love this photos, so much beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here! Here! completely agree......I find it difficult to live in the present as I'm always either chasing the future or pining for the past...
    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with all of these pictures! Your outfit is perfect for Paris!

    Love&Clothing | Tory Burch Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! I can't let certain things in my life dictate what choices I make - I just have to go for what feels right for me and I have to learn to NEVER apologize for it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wise words! You look stunning as always, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can honestly say that I've felt the EXACT SAME WAY. 2013 kicked my ass and 2014 started out pretty bad as well. It really just takes a lot but it's worth it to just shift and, as corny as it sounds, get happy. Eventually life corrects itself, it just feels like it'll take forever, but it gets there! Glad you're doing well :)
    xx Corinne
    cateyesandthighhighs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot look, love it.
    http://www.handbagmadness.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL photos!

    Heidi
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely needed to hear this today. So far, 2014 has felt like a match in a boxing ring! Thanks, Keiko - best wishes for you during the rest of the year. <3

    Also, you look gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the pictures looks like they were taken out of a fairy tale. Love it!!

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully said. It's something I'm working hard on achieving every single day. Some days I fail, but I always try again the next. My husband always tells me how strong I am, and while I oftentimes I don't believe it, I try to hold on to those word and let them be my truth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is just beautiful, I can't remember much of 2013 but I vowed to make 2014 mine and os far thigns have been looking up. Just keep moving forward <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you belong in Paris! Very parisian chic!
    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome!

    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. First: what a lovely dress!!
    Second: you're a very inspiring person, so read things like this from you really made me think about my life too :) I hope you can keep your decision, I'll try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely outfit! i adore your dress and heels! paris looks amazing :)
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the outfit, the dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfit is perfect for Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look gorgeous!
    http://nerdyfancy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the dress and the belt! You have an amazing style <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. And there's no better place to be adventurous than Paris! Glad you got to go (twice!), and here's to more good things to come!

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your outift so so so much ! Great post ! <3 xo

    http://www.kinikunormal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Spectacular photos. That dress is heavenly dainty. Paris is an inspiring city; I remember it fondly. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a beautiful post, Keiko! The photos are darling and you're incredibly cute! <3

    Victoria, 'The Wind of Inspiration' blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great blog and really lovely post.


    http://kissthestarsblog.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Perfect Parisian outfit! The dress is so feminine and pretty and you've toughened it up perfectly with the jacket. Love it! Sounds like you have a wonderful resolve for the coming year; it's so easy to let life (and anxiety and depression, I hear ya) get the best of you; sometimes slowing down is so necessary. All the best! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. sigh. this shoot is adorable. paris with friends looks and sounds amazing!

    p.s and tiptoeing forward is still moving in a positive direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you, everyone! Your comments all mean a lot to me. Thanks for reading along.

    ReplyDelete