It's time for another five random things about me (see the last post here). Please share some random things about yourselves, in the comments! I would love to know more about you all.
1) There is no food I hate more than water chestnuts. I've always disliked them, but I have a really bad memory related to them that makes them even worse.
2) When I was little, I had three names picked out for any future horses I would get: Aurora, Maleficent, and Merrylegs. Aurora and Maleficent would have preferably been Arabian mares, Saddlebreds, or National Show Horses (a mix of the two) - light and dark, respectively. Merrylegs would have been a Shetland pony, because they're adorable. Clearly I wasn't too creative, because those names come from Sleeping Beauty and Black Beauty. It didn't matter, because all of our horses already had names when we got them. And they were none of the breeds I mentioned (though Spanky was Anglo-Arab), but I couldn't possibly have loved any other horses quite as much as I loved them.
3) Much to my mom's chagrin, I used to refuse to get pedicures. The idea of anyone touching my feet kind of freaked me out; it wasn't because of being ticklish (I'm not ticklish, at all) but because I'm prone to ingrown toenails and also because I just have weird anxiety issues about new, unknown territory. I was forced to get one because of a shoot (about four years ago), and realized that they're the best thing in the world. What was I thinking?
4) I used to ride my purple Huffy bike around my block and play "Maneater" by Hall and Oates on my walkman, over and over. Keep in mind that this was a tape, so it required me to stop and rewind it whenever the song ended. I thought I was so cool...and I totally was. I wasn't allowed to go past my block, so I basically lived my life in a small, continuous loop.
5) One of my cats, Kitty Boos, sleeps on my shoulder with his face resting on mine. He wakes me up by purring very loudly, burying his head under my neck, and licking my face. It's really cute, and also really difficult to breathe, sometimes. Thanks for the smothering love, Boobear!