Monday, July 21, 2014

Makeup Monday: Watermelon Nail Tutorial


(click image to enlarge)



(I used Kiss Nail Art Paints for the details)

It seems as though lately, I've been having a bit of a fruit obsession. From my strawberry nail tutorial to my new watermelon dress and watermelon clutch, I've got a bit of a theme going - so I figured I would top it off with another nail tutorial. It all started when I got a manicure, with my niece. Less than 24 hours later, the tips were already starting to chip, so I decided to give them a little makeover and make them into watermelons. Here's how to do it:


1) Start with red nails.

2) Paint the tips white.

3) Paint a skinnier stripe of green at the very tips.

4) Use black polish to paint the seeds. That's it!

It doesn't have to be perfect (clearly, mine aren't) but if you're a perfectionist or don't have a very steady hand, try using these french manicure guides for the green and white tips, and a nail dotting tool for the seeds. Have fun!


20 comments:

  1. I just bought the same clutch and I'm loving it at the moment. :) Now I can quote Baby from "Dirty Dancing" without sounding weird: "I carried a watermelon." And now where is my Johnny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!!

    www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love!
    x
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally adorable!!!! love it and will definately try it!
    www.guesswhatblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! I love the watermelon nails:)

    www.shallwesasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is too cute! I love your blog Keiko

    gabriellakristina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun!! I wish I could do that to my nails:)
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love It! Great coloration! Love the photography! Inspiring!
    cassie-clark.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nails look amazing! I really like the bow ring you are wearing in the photos. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the ring at a local boutique in Park Slope. I feel awful, because I can't remember the name of it. It's across the street from Beacon's Closet and it sells jewelry and baby stuff. Strange mix, but cute stuff!

      Delete
  10. Oh my word! This is seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen. Perfect for summer.
    Deanna | Curly Top

    ReplyDelete
  11. The print in the nail is so cute, and the color is so pretty.
    http://www.bbrautkleid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keiko- these are absolutely adorable! And so perfectly summery. The step-by-step is super helpful. You did a great job! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it , Summer Time ❤

    http://www.kimkardashiansempire.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete