Friday, August 15, 2014

Keiko Lynn x Bonlook and my new tattoo!








Outfit Details:
Kate Spade "Gable" dress
Bonlook "Keiko" glasses and sunglasses (coming very soon!) in Miku Mint, Roxy Noir, Lily White, and Tessa Tort.
BC Footwear "Up All Night" flats (c/o BC Footwear - and they're currently on sale!)
NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in "San Paulo"
Lulu and Georgia Pretty Prism Rug



I've been waiting to share this news for what seems like forever: I designed a pair of cat-eye glasses for Bonlook! They're the glasses I always dreamed of having, so seeing them come to life is quite a dream itself. I've always been in love with vintage, 50s cat-eyes (think Marilyn Monroe in How To Marry A Millionaire), but they are almost always too small for my face. Even current ones tend to be either a little too small or not exaggerated enough for my taste - or they're simply out of my price range. With that in mind, I designed a retro cat-eye with subtle embellishments and more modern proportions - they're a little on the larger size, without being overwhelming. They come in four colors: Tessa Tort, Lily White, Roxy Noir, and Miku Mint. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you might recognize those names! Naturally, I had to name them after four of my favorite little ladies: my littlest sister, two nieces, and my lil Miku pup. I promise that I will let you know as soon as they are available on the site; the intended launch is early next week. But just so you have all the info in advance, all four colors come in both optical ($99 including prescription lenses and shipping) and sun ($69 without prescription, $119 with).

Oh, and don't think I was going to end this post without mentioning my new tattoo! It was done by Becca Genné-Bacon. I'm completely smitten, and I'm pretty sure Miku loves it, too.




35 comments:

  1. Wow congrats the glasses look totally amazing!! Esp. love the sunnies and the tattoo. So cute :)

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations!! These sunglasses scream your name! :)

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest tattoo I think I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful!

    Jess x - http://blog.shoplinkz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful setting!


    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tattoo!! And I'm so excited for your BonLook collab!! I can't wait to order a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats so awesome, congrats! the glasses look amazing, as does your tattoo!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so stinkin' cute - and I've been needing prescription sunglasses for ages now! (It seems like I can never find any I like!)
    Amazing job :)

    <3 dani
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been dying over these glasses since you posted them on Instagram, and I will definitely have to look into them when they launch on the site. I have another pair of frames from Bonlook and really love them, and these frames you designed are a total dream! Picking a color will be so difficult! And your tattoo looks incredible.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! LOVE these glasses and your tatoo is the coolest. Happy Friday!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! Wow! That's so awesome!! Love the glasses! Beautiful photos & cool tattoo :)

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE these glasses and I love Bonlook! I have 3 pairs of glasses from them already. Looks like I'll be getting another ;). Congrats!

    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! The glasses are great. And, I LOVE your new tattoo, it is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weeeeee!! I cannot wait to get my pair!!! I have the exact same problem with finding glasses wide enough for my big cheeks, I get a pair before they sell out ;) And I love your new tattoo of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it! I don't have a large head, but I have big cheeks and a roundish face. Small glasses look crazy on me! Thank you:)

      Delete
  14. Congraaaats and good luck! I love the thoughtfully designed specs and sunnies. It's always great to hear the story behind design inspirations. As for your photos, lovely! You go girl :)

    xoxo,
    Desi
    http://www.fashionlingual.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!! Those are gorgeous sunglasses and the great tattoo.

    Fabulous 30s

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vintage chic! Love the dress with the cat-eye sunglasses!

    notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw a preview of the sunglasses you designed on Instagram and absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely and vibrant tat! I love that your tattoos are lady like and complimentary without being teeny tiny :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love big tattoos. And Miku deserves something grand;)

      Delete
  19. Your new tattoo is so absolutely adorable! I love the glasses you designed too. They're the perfect retro cateye shape and they look awesome on you!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that hello sign! Did you make it?
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bobby and I made it. I was inspired by one I saw on pinterest, but I made some modifications to the method. I'm posting a tutorial, soon.

      Delete
  21. Absolutely love the new tattoo! What a beautiful tribute to your precious pup. Loving the floral motif too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these beautiful colorful photos!!!
    1. Congrats with your new collection - these sun glasses look awesome and I am sure that the collection will have a great success.
    2. You tattoo and the dog look so adorable! I also like the photo when the puppy is wearing eye glasses - very cute!
    3. The Hello sign is very cool! What a nice decoration idea!
    Xoxox,
    - Katya

    http://stylesprinter.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your new tattoo!

    Would you like to join my Student Box Swap (UK college and university students only)? Check my blog for more details!
    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! These photos are just perfect and your tattoo is the sweetest. Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely tattoo! I've been recently considering getting one of my 2 chow chows who are the loves of my life (sadly we had to have one put down last month). Miku is such a lucky pup. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this post! & your tattoos are perfect!

    Ripped Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the Kate Spade dress you look absolutely divine, your tattoo is super cute too.

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aww soo cute. Congratulations on designing such beautiful specs. The tattoo is ADORABLE.

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVE MAVIN

    ReplyDelete