Friday, September 12, 2014

#9WNYFW: Backstage at NYFW







Backstage with Stila for Alice + Olivia.









Outfit Details:

H+M top
Trina Turk "Ferne" skirt
GRAFEA camera bag
Ted Baker bow bag
Nine West Noriko boots - c/o Nine West

During NYFW, I’m usually backstage as often as I’m attending the shows, covering the beauty behind the scenes. While sitting at a show and watching the runway is a lot more relaxing and less hectic, I actually enjoy backstage, quite a bit. Seeing the work that goes into each model’s look is incredibly inspiring; I learn so much, just by watching the artists in action. But since being backstage requires being on my feet for hours at a time, I usually choose my outfits with comfort and mobility in mind. I lose the heels and go for flats - or in this case, my Nine West boots - that can help me tiptoe around the artists and models without getting in anyone’s way. I also swapped out my usual backpack - the more comfortable alternative to my cumbersome camera bag - for a smaller, more stylish camera bag that takes up a lot less space. I know that NYFW is a time for people to dress their best, but I have to find a balance between the two worlds of being a seated attendee and working behind the scenes. I'm more concerned about taking photographs than being in them, but still don't want to look like I rolled out of bed. The compromise? I dress like my usual self. I would wear this mod mini and my over-the-knee Noriko boots from Nine West any day of the week, but I especially appreciated them during this one.


p.s. This post was made in collaboration with Nine West.

29 comments:

  1. Love your hair color!!

    http://yaudycristinafashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair and eye makeup!! And the outfit is beautiful as well! :)

    www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your usage of layering. Perfect for NYFW or any day, as you said. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is so cute !!!
    ^.^
    xx
    http://shititsmidnight.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and so beautiful! I love how you wore that peplum top with a flared skirt - it makes you look more whimsical and lady-like! Amazing eye makeup you have on!

    http://shewearsshetravels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your playful and unique style. You look gorgeous!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great look! love the boots!


    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your makeup is incredible! I love your pretty outfit, too :)

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek I feel like you look especially gorgeous here Keiko! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair is everything! Love this skirt too - the shape is perfect!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your hair do!


    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous boots and bag! Your make up is so unique and flawless!

    https://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos! you look amazing
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair and makeup are to die for! Loved this fun peek into NYFW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please, please, please do an eyeshadow tutorial on what you used on your eyes. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous eye makeup! So happy to see Stila being used backstage for Alice + Olivia. Two of my all-time favorites combined!

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your outfit - your H+M top and Trina Turl "Ferne" skirt are both lovely and look fabulous styled together. I also love the colour of your eyeshadow and your picture perfect lipstick. Your "usual self" looks pretty enough to be on the runway. The photos you take at fashion week shows are wonderful.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. love! i would adore to be able togo to NYFW!

    adaywithkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your style and your blog! You’re amazing & you look amazing!
    http://nerdyfancy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Killer shots, Keiko! Amazing that you got a backstage experience and your outfit is fab. Loving the coloured hair too! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the outfit and accessories! Looks like an backstage filled with energy!

    www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I love how your eye shadow fits perfectly to your hair! What a sweet outfit my dear, Bravo! XOXO, Sissi www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete