Monday, September 22, 2014

Makeup Monday: Two Toned Lips and Tips


Kat Von D "Adora" metallic red lipstick on top, Lullabye glittery magenta lipstick on the bottom. Rings: Mejuri guardian eye ring, Catbird ampersand, arrow from local boutique, last one from Artists + Fleas.

I got a gel manicure for my Tokyo trip, and just for fun, decided to match my lips to them. Red and pink is one of my favorite color combinations. To those who wonder how well this wears: I'll admit that it can be a pain in the butt to keep the colors separate. If you press your lips together, they'll inevitably blend a little, creating more of an ombré effect than a stark contrast - but both are pretty!

16 comments:

  1. Looks so cool and awesome! I have to try this!

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool look never seen it like this before but may have to give it a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red and pink!

    www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow never thought to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your two-tone metallic red and magenta lipstick and nailpolish applications look beautiful. Your rings are very pretty too.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that though your lips are two toned it is so subtle; even with them both being bold colors
    http://www.fashionablyspeakn.com/2014/09/meet-cast-rebel-chic.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta.....
    http://www.elipsred.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it and the mani! Have fun in Tokyo :)

    www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, such a fun effect! Loving those rings too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super! Like it and will try it on myself )

    ReplyDelete