Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Makeup Monday: Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Tutorial



I know what some of you are thinking: Another Naked palette from Urban Decay? Well, yes. With three full palettes and two installments of matte basics, we're at a whopping number five. But much like the last, rosy assortment from Naked3 (which felt tailor-made for my skin), I was excited about the idea of a second Basics collection. This one features cooler tones; the first one is too warm for my skin. So, do you need to have all five Naked palettes? Of course not - but each serves its individual purpose (with some crossovers), depending on what tones and finishes you're looking for. Today, I'm using the brand new Urban Decay Naked2 Basics palette, which features all matte shades and comes in a case that's small enough for travel, or to throw in your purse when you need touch ups. If you have warmer tones, check out the original Naked Basics. If you want more shimmer, try Naked 1 (warm), 2 (neutral), or 3 (cool).



Here's the Urban Decay Naked2 Basics palette, with the colors we'll be using, in the order we'll be using them. Want to know how to recreate the look? Follow my step by step tutorial. Let's get started!



















31 comments:

  1. Beautiful makeup!! Love the eye palette <3

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! :) I have Naked 1 and Naked 3, and use them every day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Just the kind of tutorial that I needed!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Can't wait til this one hits stores worldwide
    Nail Masque

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Can I ask what lipstick you're wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! This palette will be a much better fit for me, as well.

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I have a better idea on how to use these colors!<3

    www.shallwesasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tutorial! Makes it look super simple. http://www.thepaarblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful make up. I love this palette. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful look- and holy moly your eyebrows are like PERFECTION <3<3<3

    blushingbiddies.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely look! Such a good tutorial, I feel I may be able to copy this!!

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a beautiful deep set of eyes. I use the same palette as yours but it comes out different!

    xxx
    Designer Pouch giveaway
    on MODEmoiselle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! thank you for such a great quality tutorial :-) I will be trying this look out on myself during the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great post and your eyes look beautiful. Need this pallet in my life!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg I love this makeup look, you look gorgeous :) im gunna try this out first thing tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this look. :) Such a nice little palette to have!

    xx
    victoriabarnett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So stunning, and this tutorial was excellent! I also love the shirt you're wearing!

    ~ Nailah
    http://themodaintersection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, this look is gorgeous!!

    Natalie / Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful look! Definitely gonna be trying this out myself!

    ihopeso-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a gorgeous look on you, Keiko! Love how soft and smokey it is. Can't wait to check out this palette in-person :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really nice makeup !

    http://fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful! I love the lipstick that you're wearing too! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. How gorgeous! I am so gonna try it. I don´t own the Naked 2 Basics but I am sure I have similar colors to pull this look off. The photos are so well done and explain it easy! Thank you! Kisses, Sissi www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very beautiful look! Its dramatic without being overpowering so I could def wear this look to work during the day! I have the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and I am obsessed with it. I would probably love this one too!!
    http://randomlovesinlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete