Friday, October 31, 2014

The Nightmare Before Christmas









As promised, here are our full costumes: Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I must have seen this movie a hundred times; it was always one of Tessa's absolute favorites and subsequently, one of mine. I usually like to DIY my costume from pieces I already have in my closet - or make them from scratch - but this year, I thought I would put the emphasis on my makeup. When I found this t-shirt dress at Tokyo Disneyland, I knew it was meant to be. We ended up finding the mask at Don Quijote (also in Tokyo). I originally intended to do full body paint, which was one of my worst ideas in the world. At the last minute, I decided to forgo the body paint and wear stockings on my arms and legs. The face makeup is a mix of Ben Nye Clown White and MAC Chromacake in Marine Blue, with mixing medium and a tiny bit of foundation to give it a grayish cast. I went in with Sugarpill shadows to create some depth and highlights, glued on some fake lashes, and topped it off with a wig. Now, we're off to a Halloween party!

33 comments:

  1. Wow this is such an awesome costume, I love the way you did the eyes! HAPPY HALLOWEEN xoxo

    ♥ Cateaclysmic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect. You did such an amazing job. Very true to character as well. Happy Halloween! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool!


    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your makeup is absolutely incredible! So creative, you did an amazing job. You guys look so awesome!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fantastic job! I would love to see what you look like with eyes open too

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is amazing! Great costume
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Sally costume is wonderful! I love the make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the outfits!!! Your makeup is amazing, the first picture totally freaked me out at first. Such a cool idea!


    www.littleblackshell.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOOOW! SO SO COOL.
    Great effort. Love this costume.

    Valentina
    Valentina Duracinsky Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keiko this is amazing! your halloween costumes never disappoint. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooow you both look amazing! How did you do your eyes?
    X Willemijn Sofie

    Amsterdam So Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. These costumes are fantastic! You two did a wonderful job. The makeup is very clever and bang-on! Love it. :)

    http://yarnandvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely ADORE this costume!!! So cute but creepy and I would actually wear that dress on a regular basis - to die for.

    xoxo Sara
    http://www.restlessnomads.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. You are incredible and I am speechless!!!
    allygong.com
    -Ally Gong

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a cute idea!


    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!
    I found the gorgeous cosplay, you were the embodiment of the character, and even enlisted the help of her boyfriend, a love!
    I did not know your blog, and I am passionate to know, your looks are wonderful, and you're so beautiful, definitely come back more often.
    My blog:Sexo, Fraldas e Rock'n Roll

    ps: I'm from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!!!!! This is so awesome!!!

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. craaaazy awesome outfit, i absolutely love it :D
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have some serious talent and dedication to Halloween. So awesome.

    www.kristajacobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finally watched this movie for the first time this year!! You did an awesome job on the makeup!

    ReplyDelete