Friday, October 17, 2014

Tokyo Diaries: Part Two, Tokyo Disneyland


















Wearing: Disney bow and sunglasses, vintage blouse, American Apparel skirt, Seychelles flats (old), ModCloth "Lovely and Lush" cat bag.

If you had any doubt that I would visit Disneyland in Tokyo, please allow me to put that to rest. I'm not the type of girl who wants to get married in the castle and make my bridesmaids dress as Disney princesses - though I will totally come to your wedding and dress as Snow White at your request - but I do love a day at Disney, and luckily, so does Bobby. Many of you have even asked me if I live in Disney World, and the answer is yes/duh/obviously. I live in Minnie Mouse's house (look how I'm right at home in her humble abode), which is quite a problem at Magic Kingdom, since they got rid of her house and the rest of Toon Town. Luckily, it's still intact and lovely as ever in Tokyo, and freshly decorated for Halloween. If the whole famous mouse character/fashion plate thing doesn't work out for Minnie, she certainly has a future in interior decorating. Oh, Minnie, is there anything you can't do?

The best part of visiting Tokyo Disneyland was the Haunted Mansion, which was decked out to the theme of The Nightmare Before Christmas for the holiday season, and a close second was the myriad popcorn flavors and equally varied and adorable containers. I spent half the day hunting down the red bow to match my outfit, because I'm a logical adult who makes important and adult-like decisions. Actually, I take everything back: the best part of Tokyo Disney is that everyone gets dressed up in a theme for the occasion, and many of them go all out. As you can tell by my not-so-understated ensemble, I totally appreciate that commitment. Tokyo Disneyland, you just get me!

32 comments:

  1. Super cute pics! Looks like so much fun :D

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such amazing photos! I'm a huge Disney fan and planning to go to Disneyland Paris again super soon! Love your outfit the vintage polka dot blouse and pleated skirt look amazing together! Especially with the minnie mouse bow.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, such a pretty photos! I can't wait to visit any Disneyland, but Tokyo's must be very impressive and special!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Looks like you're having a fun time!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit and photos <3
    So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!

    GREAT!

    http://www.milicakrstic.com/milicas/rustic-day/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are so excellent, it looks like you had an amazing day! Perfect outfit too :)

    Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like alot of fun! Your outfit is perfect for the occasion!

    www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures! You look really fun and cute ^^
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so amazing and right up your alley! Fab photos I feel like I was there!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute post!


    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.kr/2014/10/vanhart-di-albazar-2015-ss-seoul.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg I need to go there


    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like so so so much fun! I've always wanted to go to Japan! When I majored in Japanese in college we (my hubs and I) were THIS close to studying abroad there, then the earthquake happened in 2011 and our college shut the trip down. We haven't had an opportunity since. This makes me yearn to go there!!

    www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything about this is fantastic! So adorable.

    Miranda
    Little Gold Pocket Watch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your outfit is PERFECT and I love how the other visitors wore fun outfits too!

    Alyssa
    http://www.creativeandcurlyblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So colourful and fun! Looks like a truly magical place!

    http://yarnandvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE how many polka dots you are wearing! I would do this, too. Your Tokyo trip posts have been amazing so far; I can't wait for more!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, your writing is great~ Love the mini skirts!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the pictures! That bow is perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your smile is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wonder how culture would affect something like Disneyland. I would love to visit all the different disneylands around the world. I heard there is an underwater one somewhere.

    Aleisha
    http://buttonforabird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos are so amazing! I have only been to the California one
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohmyyyy, this looks so amazing! i absolutely love love love disneyland. i've only been to the one in paris, but tokyo (in general) is very high on my list!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning pictures. I love your outfit, ties in with the Minnie theme perfectly whilst still looking grown up and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks so crazy there, I've only been to Disneyland Paris which is much less out-there!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been searching high and low for that giant Minnie Mouse bow you're wearing. Do you happen to remember the exact location where you bought it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it at Tokyo Disneyland! They have them all over the park, but I bought it at the entrance.

      Delete
  27. Awesome shots :) I think you should share your photos on www.voguedrobe.com, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. this post makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete