Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour Concentrate in "Smote"
Urban Decay "Perversion" mascara
I was opening up my newest, holiday edition Glossybox - which is such a great gift idea for beauty lovers, by the way - when I came across this gorgeous, shimmery loose shadow. I was on my way to the studio to do some holiday looks, so I threw it in my bag and added it to the list, at the last minute. When thinking of holiday makeup, I usually go straight for two different looks: a red lip or glittering eyes. This one falls closer to the latter, and while I have a truly glittery and very holiday-appropriate tutorial coming next week, this one is understated enough for any occasion. Best part? It's done with one eye shadow, in a wet/dry combination. Using liner as a base and dampening the shadow amps up the intensity of color, and finishing with the same product, only dry, gives it dimension. Want to know how to recreate this super simple, smokey brown eye? Follow the step by step tutorial, below:
1. Prep your lids with primer.
2. Use a flat shadow or concealer brush to apply fluid line or other gel liner all over lid.
3. Line the lower lash and water line with gel liner.
4. Mix the loose shadow with mixing medium, or apply with a dampened brush. This makes the color ultra vibrant.
5. Sweep the same loose shadow (with a dry brush, no mixing medium) into and just above the crease.
6. Blend out the outer edges to create a soft, diffused effect.
7. Line your upper lashline with gel liner (liquid or pencil is also fine).
8. Finish with mascara.