Monday, December 15, 2014

Makeup Monday: Holiday Glitter Makeup Tutorial


(click for larger image)




Products used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer
"Limit" eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked3 palette (check out my super simple Naked3 tutorial, here)
Make Up For Ever Sand 11 - metallic tan glitter
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in "Perversion"
Benefit "They're Real!" mascara
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in "Adora"
Too Faced Perfect Lips Lip Liner in "Perfect Red" (check out my perfect red lips tutorial)
For my full foundation tutorial, click here.

As I stated in my last makeup tutorial, nothing says holidays to me like glitter and/or red lips. For this tutorial, I decided to combine them! This eye look is one of my long time favorites, though I usually go for a shimmery shadow instead of the glitter -- fallout is my enemy, and it's inevitable with glitter. I also prefer it with a lighter lip but since it's the holidays, I decided to just go for it. Since my lids all but disappear when my eyes are open,  the glitter is like a sparkly surprise. Though you'll still find a few pieces of glitter here and there, the glitter glue is the best primer for sparkles and loose shadows that I've found -- and applying is after you've already blended the outer shadows will prevent further fallout. You can also do your eyes first, clean up the mess, and then apply the rest of your makeup. But let's be real: I just dusted it off the best I could and looked like a mildly sparkly vampire, in the sunshine. Want to know how to recreate this festive holiday look? Follow my step by step tutorial, below!


1. Apply a thin layer of glitter glue primer all over your lids.

2. Sweep "Limit" (or any mauve/taupe shadow you want) in/above your crease. I prefer it to be matte, to offset the glittery lids.

3. Blend the outer edges.

4. Pat glitter onto your lids, little by little. Don't put too much on the brush, or you'll have a lot of fallout. You can also mix with a teeny bit of mixing medium, for extra adhesion.

5. Apply liquid liner to your top lash line.

6. Add mascara.

7. Finish with red lipstick, and find yourself some mistletoe. Happy Holidays!


holiday glitter makeup




32 comments:

  1. great makeup :)


    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking flawless!! You are so talented!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! I'm going to have to try this look!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl your heart shaped lips are to die for!

    xoxo, Fallon.
    www.la-vie-en-lavande.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love this makeup!!! I was just telling myself (before I read this) that I need to get the Makeup Forever glitters!!!
    xo,
    http://yaudycristinafashionista.blogspot.com/2014/12/gris.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok had no idea Too Faced made actual glitter glue primer!! running to ulta today to purchase! thanks keiko - your makeup tutorials are the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your make-up is soooo pretty! I LOVE the glitter eye shadow!!

    <3
    heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look, Keiko! So simple, yet stunning!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great look!

    http://www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! What foundation are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's Urban Decay's Naked Foundation - my full face tutorial is here: http://bit.ly/1371MEG

      Delete
  11. So nice! LOVE this tutorial!

    www.rebekahkoontzsite.wordpress.com // US Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely agree, nothing says the holidays like a red lip and glitter. Love the brush of gold on your lids - and that you left it out of the crease, opting for that defining neutral instead. Very nice!

    xoxo
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you look so amazing! I just found your blog and and looks like I have a lot to read now. :)

    www.wearitforless.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my Lord. You look utterly flawless. I especially love those matte red lips:] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really stunning look - I love how soft and elegant the eyemakeup is.

    Rae of love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glitter and red lips are indeed fantastic makeup looks for the festive season! Stunning combination sure to make a girl stand out from the crowd!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The glitter is gorgeous on you, Keiko! Love how you paired it with the softly defined crease. Very pretty! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! And I love that it's subtle and not too in your face. Gorgeous!

    www.kristajacobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love glitters for holidays!

    www.StylingFun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is such a beautiful look. you look gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. so beautiful. a gold glitter eye is so festive- especially with the red lip!

    adaywithkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks so gorgeous.
    http://www.largestoff.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, absolutely beautiful!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  24. THIS MAKE UP IS REALLY FABULOUS, I LOVE IT!!
    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete
  25. amazing look!

    www.miouprincesslovespink.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete