(click for larger image)
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer
"Limit" eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked3 palette (check out my super simple Naked3 tutorial, here)
Make Up For Ever Sand 11 - metallic tan glitter
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in "Perversion"
Benefit "They're Real!" mascara
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in "Adora"
Too Faced Perfect Lips Lip Liner in "Perfect Red" (check out my perfect red lips tutorial)
For my full foundation tutorial, click here.
As I stated in my last makeup tutorial, nothing says holidays to me like glitter and/or red lips. For this tutorial, I decided to combine them! This eye look is one of my long time favorites, though I usually go for a shimmery shadow instead of the glitter -- fallout is my enemy, and it's inevitable with glitter. I also prefer it with a lighter lip but since it's the holidays, I decided to just go for it. Since my lids all but disappear when my eyes are open, the glitter is like a sparkly surprise. Though you'll still find a few pieces of glitter here and there, the glitter glue is the best primer for sparkles and loose shadows that I've found -- and applying is after you've already blended the outer shadows will prevent further fallout. You can also do your eyes first, clean up the mess, and then apply the rest of your makeup. But let's be real: I just dusted it off the best I could and looked like a mildly sparkly vampire, in the sunshine. Want to know how to recreate this festive holiday look? Follow my step by step tutorial, below!
1. Apply a thin layer of glitter glue primer all over your lids.
2. Sweep "Limit" (or any mauve/taupe shadow you want) in/above your crease. I prefer it to be matte, to offset the glittery lids.
3. Blend the outer edges.
4. Pat glitter onto your lids, little by little. Don't put too much on the brush, or you'll have a lot of fallout. You can also mix with a teeny bit of mixing medium, for extra adhesion.
5. Apply liquid liner to your top lash line.
6. Add mascara.
7. Finish with red lipstick, and find yourself some mistletoe. Happy Holidays!