Monday, January 12, 2015

Makeup Monday: Sugar and Spice Tutorial


(Click for full size)



Products used: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar (1."Pink Sugar" 2. "Puddin" 3. "Licorice"), Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in "Perversion", Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in "Perversion", Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in "Junkshow", Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in "Patina"


I've been on this glitter kick, lately - have you noticed? It all started with this holiday look, and then I went for the loose green glitter. But then all these Urban Decay Glitter Liners showed up, and my sisters and I immediately grabbed different colors and put them all over our lash lines. Amanda went for classic silver, Tessa layered a blue and iridescent white for a snow princess vibe, and I went for the pink. Layered over pink liner, this glitter really looks gorgeous - but since I'm traveling, I have a limited amount of product with me. Instead, I used it as the finishing touch to an already dramatic eye, because I was wearing a flower crown and it was no time for subtlety. I used shadows from the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar, which smells absolutely heavenly and has a lovely array of shadows. You can skip the glitter or even swap out the shadow colors, for this tutorial - it's easily customizable to your liking. Follow the steps, below!

1. Apply "Pink Sugar" all over freshly primed lids.
2. Sweep "Puddin" in and just above the crease.
3. Pack "Licorice" in the crease and outer corner.
4. Blend the heck out of it, until there are no harsh edges.
5. Line your lower lashline and smudge. You can also soften the line with a little bit of shadow.
6. Line your upper lashline with liquid liner. Check out this tutorial if you need help with applying winged liner.
7. Go over the liner with glitter liner. I find that dabbing it on (instead of swiping it) leaves a more concentrated trail of glitter. Finish with mascara (I forgot to photograph that, as usual) and you're all set!


28 comments:

  1. beautiful look!


    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so fantastic. Love everything :)

    Best Jacky
    http://www.themermaidscandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!!! I must try this makeup look on myself, because it's absolutely gorgeous!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool look! The eye shadows are so awesome!

    Shall We Sasa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That glitter eyeliner is everything as is the stila lip color!! Beautiful all around. You continue to nail your makeup mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful makeup! delicate pink. love it so much! and these sensual lips.. awesome!! do you have your special makeup technique?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Keiko! You always make everything look so effortlessly glamorous. I love this look on you, and that glitter liner really takes the smokey eye to another level!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful make up!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous!!

    www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice makeup !

    http://fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is gorgeousss! <3

    http://mrmichell.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so envious of your makeup skills! You looks so lovely, the eyeshadow you've used is fantastic.

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  13. So girlie and beautiful, I love this!

    http://www.thecharleygirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning makeup!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a romantic look with stunning pink glitter and pretty pink lips, love it!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this look looks beautiful !
    I do fashion/ Plus size fashion/beauty reviews on my blog
    www.beyondthatbouffant.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a stunning look! The glitter liner is the perfect finishing touch :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I... I didn't even know UD had glitter liners! Need!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful makeup idea! I definitely will try to repeat it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this make! Mainly because of the UD glitter! i need it now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so pretty! love this look :)

    http://StorybookApothecary.com ♥ Stop by for a chat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I won't lie - at first I was just excited by this look because it's fabulous. But then I saw that you used Too Faced's Chocolate Bar palette, which I actually own, and my enthusiasm doubled at least. My eyeshadow collection isn't exactly impressive and finding a look I can recreate with something already in my make-up bag is no easy feat. But this is one, and I can't wait to try it! Probably minus the flower crown, because I can't quite pull off over the top the way you do :)
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete