Thursday, January 8, 2015

These boots were made for walking.






Outfit Details:
Corey Lynn Calter coat (thank you, Shana and Corey!)
Margaret O'Leary turtleneck dress
La Canadienne over the knee boots (c/o - thank you, Amy!)
vintage Coach bag

Though my teeth are always chattering and my toes are somewhat numb, I actually really enjoy the cold weather. It's not just the ice skating and hot cocoa - those don't hurt, either - I just love layering, and I clearly love boots. Even when I was living in Florida, I had an oddly large collection of boots. I would wear them in protest of unseasonably warm weather, determined to get in some winter wear, regardless of the temperature. It's actually kind of funny when I look through old photos...I look like I'm dressed for Fall, but it was probably in the high 80s. Does anyone remember these red boots? How about these purple ones, or these? Yeah, those were all taken while living in Florida...and I still own the red and purple ones, I might add! You might also recognize the San Francisco t-shirt, since I still wear it all the time; I've had it since high school. What can I say? I'm sentimental, and I also know what I like. Flat, thigh high boots are a mainstay. The boots I'm wearing in these current photos (30 vs. 21 in the linked photos...where does the time go?) are like a comfy second skin, and I love that they zip all the way down the back. They're a little more versatile than the red and purple ones, so I think it's safe to say that they'll keep their place in the closet, as long as their soles will last.


25 comments:

  1. I love boots and those are perfect! I currently have the same problem you did, I'm in Florida and i pretend that it's cold enough for my boots.

    XOXO JuJu
    www.jujusmoments.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12261817

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coat! Love the boots

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic coat and very cool boots! You look beautiful!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 21 or 30, you are beautiful either way! You don't look a day over 21 imo. I am loving these boots. They look super comfy! I am in desperate need of boots as my current ones have holes in the soles- yikes! Not good for this 5 degree weather =/
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that coat! Yellow and black plaid isn't used nearly enough!! xx

    www.getup-goblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the coat

    giveaway on my blog!

    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!
    Love this coat and those boots are amazing!
    -Adrienne. xo

    Citizen of the World
    Citizen of the World

    Check out my new online boutique!!
    Wanderlust Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. These boots look so comfy and of course you look beautiful!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your plaid cape!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mix of textures in this look. http://www.thepaarblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. that coat is so amazing!!

    www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The makeup is so refreshing and the look is simply chic. Nicely done.
    www.halcyonfair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maura! It's rare that I wear regular liner without the wing, but every once in awhile...

      Delete
  13. I really love this! So cute! Its really cold here in Texas right now so I may need to invest in one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful look. I'm looking for a pair of boots just like those!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that coat!

    http://www.thecharleygirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, that coat is amazing and the boots are seriously great! Keep warm this weekend- it's just as painfully chilly in Toronto too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember all those boots! Fabulous then and now. Been reading for some ten years now. :)

    ReplyDelete