(photo from my instagram.)
Happy weekend! I'm back in Brooklyn and readjusting to the cold; we're missing my family but happy to be surrounded by our cats and pup. Here are a few links I've been clicking on:
- New blog to follow: Create Your Own Universe. Follow my darling cousins Claudia and Mark on their adventures. They even made a free donut desktop download for their readers, because it's Mark's birthweek and no one appreciates donuts the way he does.
- You should also follow their dog, Presley the Dingo, on instagram.
- NYC might get our very own dog cafe, where we can sip coffee and pet dogs who will be available for adoption, brought in from a no-kill shelter on a daily basis. Thanks for the tip, Eliot!
- I resisted purchasing it the first time around, but the ice cream bag is back in stock, and I've been considering it. I can't resist a novelty bag (or mirror). I'm also into this cat bag and this hot air balloon.
- Jeremy sent me the best news, ever! NYC is banning single use styrofoam products. Hooray for the environment, of course - but to be honest, I'm really excited because I have a very weird styrofoam phobia. If only we could ban chalk, too. Hey, I never said I'm normal.
- I get a ton of questions about this lip color, whenever I wear it. For the record, it's Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in "Patina" and yes, it stays. The secret to not letting it dry out your lips is to moisturize before (then blot it off), use primer, and remove and re-apply halfway through the day. It does stay all day, but feels so much better if you just reapply that one time!
- I'm crazy about Amazon's original series, Transparent, which is about a transgender parent and the entire family's journey. It's funny, touching, and absolutely brilliant. I highly recommend it! What are you watching, right now?
- This is perfect.
- How to outsource your life, aka how to be a functioning hermit (like me). FYI, I had to delete the Seamless app, because one of my New Year's resolutions is to stop eating out and ordering in, so often. It made it way too easy!