Monday, February 9, 2015

Makeup Monday: Blackheart





1. Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Mechanical Brow Pencil in "Dark Brown"
2. Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills  Dipbrow Pomade Waterproof Brow Color in "Soft Brown"
3. Eyes: Urban Decay Naked3 Palette  Shadows used: 1. "Blackheart" (all over lid and over lower lashline) 2. "Nooner" (blended in crease) 3. "Dust" (inner corner and dabbed in the middle of the lid)
4. Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion 
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in "Perversion"
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in "Perversion"
7. Smashbox Blush Rush in "Heartbreak"
8. Melt Cosmetics Lipstick in "6Six6" (currently sold out, see below for alternatives)


I was supposed to be working on a Valentine's Day look, but found myself going in the opposite direction. Let's call this an Anti-Valentine's Day look. Don't read too much into this; I fully plan on celebrating with hearts and candy galore (and I have another look I'll be posting). But back in the day - oh, half my lifetime ago - I was very anti Valentine's Day. I even had a shirt that said so. So, if you're feeling dark and moody on this polarizing holiday, here's a look for you. It's even complete with appropriately named cosmetics!




20 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! Wonderful make up, such a great idea that I might use this weekend for Valentine's Day date with my man. :)

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The makeup looks marvelous! I need the Naked 3 palette!

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely, sultry look - I'd say it's not anti-Valentine's at all! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love how you create smokey eyes. It's never over-the-top, but noticeable, and very elegant. I love this one! :)
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Matte Bronzer:)

      Delete
  6. That is truly gorgeous! I would appreciate an eyebrow routine! Yours are on point: not overdone and simply perfect and still natural! xoxo, Sissi http://www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go! Lately, I've been using dipbrow in place of the powder, but I always go back and forth.
      http://www.keikolynn.com/2013/11/makeup-monday-how-to-get-perfect-brows.html

      Delete
  7. Beautiful makeup

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that lipstick is AMAZING!!! great color

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keiko, I absolutely love your makeup Mondays. Thank you for the continuous inspiration. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually throwing an Anti Valentine's Day party and this would be the perfect look! I just love a dark lipstick.

    undertherosemaryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Very nice post and inspiring blog! :) Keep up the great work, I'm a fan! :D XOXO

    www.officialzalona.com .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the rich, vampy look on you, Keiko! I've been reaching for Naked3 quite a bit over the wintertime :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this look
    http://v-is-for-violet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This look is gorgeous! I am all about that lipstick - it's the perfect dark red! Now to start obsessively looking for a dupe...

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete