1. Stila Stay-All-Day Liquid Lipstick in "Patina": This dusty rose is my perfect version of a more neutral lip. It's pigmented enough to stand on its own, but pairs well with more dramatic, smokey eyes.
2. Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in "Outlaw": Leave it to Kat Von D to have the perfect, matte red. Want something a little cooler or warmer toned? They have multiple shades of red, so you'll have a lot to choose from.
3. Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in "Melted Fuchsia": This gorgeous hot pink has a glossier finish and strong pigmentation. If you're looking for something not as drying as your usual liquid lipsticks, this is the formula for you! It also comes in a completely different type of applicator - it's a little tube you squeeze to bring the product to the applicator tip, kind of like a lip balm.
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in "Sad Girl": The maker of all my favorite brow products has been rapidly expanding their line of cosmetics, but the liquid lipsticks are what got me most excited. "Sad Girl" is a gorgeous, vampy color with a subtle hint of sparkle - enough to give it a metallic sheen.
5. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in "San Paulo": I should emphasize that this top five list is in no particular order, because this might be my favorite liquid lipstick of the bunch (and it's a bargain, at $5.99). I haven't had the same luck with all of their shades, but San Paulo goes on evenly, is highly pigmented, and has a creamy consistency and finish. It's also the most beautiful shade of rose, which you know is my favorite. If you're looking to dip your toes into the world of liquid lipsticks, start with this - the price and the finish will make it an easy introduction.
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5