Monday, February 2, 2015

Makeup Monday: My Top 5 Favorite Liquid Lipsticks


1. Stila Stay-All-Day Liquid Lipstick in "Patina": This dusty rose is my perfect version of a more neutral lip. It's pigmented enough to stand on its own, but pairs well with more dramatic, smokey eyes.



2. Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in "Outlaw": Leave it to Kat Von D to have the perfect, matte red. Want something a little cooler or warmer toned? They have multiple shades of red, so you'll have a lot to choose from. 

3. Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in "Melted Fuchsia": This gorgeous hot pink has a glossier finish and strong pigmentation. If you're looking for something not as drying as your usual liquid lipsticks, this is the formula for you! It also comes in a completely different type of applicator - it's a little tube you squeeze to bring the product to the applicator tip, kind of like a lip balm. 



4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in "Sad Girl": The maker of all my favorite brow products has been rapidly expanding their line of cosmetics, but the liquid lipsticks are what got me most excited. "Sad Girl" is a gorgeous, vampy color with a subtle hint of sparkle - enough to give it a metallic sheen. 



5. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in "San Paulo": I should emphasize that this top five list is in no particular order, because this might be my favorite liquid lipstick of the bunch (and it's a bargain, at $5.99). I haven't had the same luck with all of their shades, but San Paulo goes on evenly, is highly pigmented, and has a creamy consistency and finish. It's also the most beautiful shade of rose, which you know is my favorite. If you're looking to dip your toes into the world of liquid lipsticks, start with this - the price and the finish will make it an easy introduction.



1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Liquid lipsticks are a clever combination of gloss-like application, lipstick appearance, and long lasting results. A lot of my friends shy away from them because they can be drying, if you're not used to matte lipsticks, but if you keep your lips well hydrated, exfoliated, and protect them with a moisturizing primer before application, it can make such a huge difference. My only suggestion is to stay away from these if you have chapped lips, as it will only amplify the dry patches. Otherwise, these are a perfect solution for those of you who want a long-lasting, bold lip product. I reach for them often and have tried many different formulas and shades, so I compiled this short list of my top five current favorite liquid lipsticks, for you to check out! Tip: When applying liquid lipstick, move the wand in one direction, not back and forth - it can break down the formula (particularly the very matte ones). I also shared some advice on how to make your lipstick last, over the holidays, so hop over there for further tips.





29 comments:

  1. Wow all these lipsticks look awesome! I can't pick a favorite!

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! They both look awesome!
      Love
      www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle/food/fashion/beauty blog}

      Delete
  2. Such a great round-up of lipsticks!

    Unfortunately I have been wearing nothing but lip balms in this below freezing weather, which leaves my lips awfully chapped. Can't wait for warmer days to start wearing proper lipstick again :)

    Rita
    heyrita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that Stila one. I recently a Kryolan lip stain and it's impressive. I got Carina from Stila recently too, and I'm impressed with how long it stays put! It does feather/crack a bit which is disappointing for the price, but maybe I put too much on. Application is tricky. I look forward to trying NYX's range.
    xxx
    www.mrsrogero.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 and 5 are my favorites, such a gorgeous lipstick shades!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one is my favorite! http://thepaarblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the colours are amazing! I really like the Stila lipstick and the Anastasia Beverly Hills. Great picks!

    Julia xx
    | http://www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lipsticks

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! I love a good liquid lipstick, especially at a drugstore price. The Revlon ones are wonderful too, and last forever!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful colors. I want to try Kat Von D next

    http://imyownmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I needed this post! My lips are easily dried out and I have yet to try liquid lipsticks. This might be the key to beautiful, supple, long-lasting lip color!

    Circus & Bloom
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh- the Nyx San Paulo is so gorgeous! I need it in my life!!!xoxo, Sissi www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks!! I only have two right now but I want them ALL. I really want to try the Anastasia ones too though, so I'm going to have to slow my roll and make some decisions instead of buying every single shade that exists in both lines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what beautiful shades! One for everyday of the week.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful lips :)

    http://alittlelesscomplicated.net/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them all! Your lips are perfect! I guess that helps!;)
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are some absolutely gorgeous picks! I've been more into liquid lipsticks recently- must give the Anastasia version a go. Sad Girl is totally stunning :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Flawless makeup! Really like the bold lips!

    http://www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks! And now I really want to try the Anastasia Beverly Hills and the Stila, they look so wonderful! Can't say I'm a big fan of the NYX lip creams though... I find they go on really patchy. Their jumbo lip pencils on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are flawless!I love a nice lip ^.^
    x
    www,coralpaiges.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in sad girls got me very excited, that is a color I need!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. awesome awesome! the only one i have is san paulo, and you're right, it's the bomb especially for the price!! your photos are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great colours, the NYX one is especially nice! Would love to try!

    ReplyDelete