Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekend Link Roundup



(photo from my instagram)

Hi, everyone! I'm currently in LA and time is flying by. I'm enjoying my escape from the cold, but I'm already heading back in just a couple of days! While I'm ditching my coat and scarf for bare legs (and apparently an umbrella, today), check out some of the links I've been clicking on.

- I watch a lot of cat videos. Here are two current favorites: thug life and yass kitty. (Thanks for sending, Helena and Tessa!)

- Flashback to last year's trip to The Madonna Inn. We stayed in the Carin room and The Love Nest. I want to go back!

- I love Pineapple Dole Whip, so I'm going to try this [healthier] at-home version.

- DIY to try: knotted pillow cover (requires basic sewing skills).

- I feel like I need The Makeup Light. And by need, I mean want. This is a late night decision that was based on very little research. Anyone have any experience with it?

- Being a card carrying member of the IBTC has its perks. I live in these bralettes.

- Remember JNCOs? (Kimbly sure does)

- Download these Oscar ballots and cast your own votes for the Academy Awards! I have only seen one of the films nominated for best picture, so I'm a little behind.

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I love that quote. I think I need to start using it on a daily basis. Never tried the makeup light but I'm not entirely sure I can live without it now....
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good last few days in the warmth! It's still so cold on the east side, brrr. The makeup light looks great, buuuuuut so expensive! I'd love to try it one day (maybe I'll ask for it as a birthday gift).
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're enjoying sunny LA! You just missed another snow storm! It wasn't too bad though. :) And omg I totally remember JNCOs!! LOL Though I'd rather not! Haha

    xo,
    Mindy | Blonde Nouveau

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was allll about JNCOs back in time. One pair in particular I couldn't wait to wear when school started - wide-leg black ones with contrasting purple stitching. I still look for nice JNCOs on Ebay sometimes...not gonna lie. So I'm tingling with excitement now.

    I'm a proud member of the IBTC so thank you for the recommendation. I also like these: http://www.lindasonline.com/duet-timpa-demi-lace-underwire-bra-16449-electric-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been stalking the Makeup Light website and pinning the different options - I think it would be so awesome to own but don't know anyone personally who has one. It's quite an investment but have a feeling well worth it. If you get one, PLEASE immediately blog about your experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you're enjoying the warmer weather, i'm jelly for sure! I remember JNCOs, unfortunately. At least I didn't wear any of those hideous pants!

    www.jessandtonic.com

    ReplyDelete