Thursday, March 26, 2015

Earth Hour





Outfit Details:
thrifted denim shirt
vintage bow tie
Trina Turk skirt (c/o)
Timex weekender watch (c/o)

On March 28th, 2015 at 8:30pm, I’m joining Timex in my pledge to shut off electronics (including my iphone) and swap lights for candlelight. Why? I’m participating in Earth Hour, a lights-off, worldwide movement with a mission to unite people in protecting the planet. For one person, it may seem like such a small task - and it is - but since its inception in 2007, the impact has been incredible (check out the outcome of 2014). But participation is just a small part - the real impact comes in spreading the awareness and getting others to participate, as well. Timex is donating $1 to the Earth Hour Movement for every #TimetoGLO pledge shared through social media (up to $50,000 total), so please make your pledge, here!

17 comments:

  1. This is really a good idea to participate in Earth Hour! Thanks for sharing and your outfit is so cool, I like it a lot <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic movement, thank you for the reminder!

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good idea, there are too many lights on and wasting electricity especially on motorways so many lights that don't need to be there half of them.
    I really like your outfit especially the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And navigating by candle has the serendipitous romantic effect.

    www.whimsicalzoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice outfit !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2015/03/a-look-to-start-spring-with.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea behind it. Thanks for reminding me, because so often I just forget it and I only see it afterwards. :( And btw: I love your photos. They look amazing
    www.color-castles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your skirt:P The watch is cool too!


    Shall We Sasa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pledge is such a great idea! Also I really love this outfit and your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the denim shirt

    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutest outfit, once again! Also, Earth Hour is such a great idea.

    Circus & Bloom
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, everyone - I hope you all participate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My boyfriend and I celebrate Earth Hour every year- board games by candlelight! Thanks for raising awareness :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful photos!

    http://www.sistersof4corners.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE SHARING THIS! To be honest, I don't see a lot of fashion bloggers who pledge for the better of the environment and I feel sad about that since they (and YOU) have a lot of influence, especially toward young generations who can make the biggest change!
    I'm also participating and I wish you a great Earth Hour this weekend ;)

    Alive as Always

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the geo print of your skirt!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love your makeup. Happy weekend!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete