Monday, March 30, 2015

Makeup Monday: Urban Decay Naked Palette Tutorial



(click for full size) 
Products we'll be using: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Urban Decay Naked palette, Urban Decay "Lush" 24/7 Velvet Glide On Pencil, MAC "Blacktrack" Fluidline,  Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (additional products in "Shop The Post" section at the bottom of the post - but FYI the lipstick is blotted Marc Jacobs Le Marc Le Creme "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang").

Even though Urban Decay still makes me think of brights, glitter and overall bold makeup, the Naked palettes are probably the most well known and loved products that they make. In the past, I made tutorials for my two most used Naked palettes (Naked 3 and Naked2 Basics), but realized I never made one with the original palette that started it all. Follow the step by step instructions for how to create this look, below!

1.  Apply primer potion.

2. Sweep "Naked" (shadow 1) in/above crease.

3. Line the crease and outer v with "Darkhorse" (shadow 2).

4. Soften the lines with "Smog" (shadow 3).

5. Pack "Half Baked" in the rest of the lid (shadow 4).

6. Darken the outer corners with "Creep" (shadow 5).

7. Blend, blend blend!

8. Line with "Lush" 24/7 Velvet Glide On Pencil.

9. Soften the liner with a sweep of "Smog" shadow (shadow 3).

10. Highlight the inners corners and browbone with "Sin" (shadow 6).

11. Line upper lashline with MAC Blacktrack Fluidline.

12. Finish with mascara.





21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makeup!

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great makeup!


    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Instantly made me want to break out my original Naked. Nake 3 is still my fav! As a redhead those rose colors are perfection. Thanks for the amazing tutorial. Going to try it for date night this week.

    www.masteringmrs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing make up tutorial! Thank you for the inspiration!

    http://lartoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your face is literally perfect! LOVE this!! I really need to start utilizing my Naked palettes more.

    xo,
    Mindy | Blonde Nouveau

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great makeup !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2015/03/it-is-mexican.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tutorial is just what I needed! I recently gave in and bought the original Naked Palette but, being that I'm new to using eye shadow, I have no idea what to do with it. I can't wait to try out this look. Thank you so much, Keiko!

    -Helen
    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just what I needed. So glad I found you :)

    Mash
    www.sarmash.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just what I needed. So glad I found you :)

    Mash
    www.sarmash.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, the original Naked Palette is my all-time favourite! Looks gorgeous on you, Keiko! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful look! I love how many different creations you can make with this palette :)
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! Hope to own one of the Naked palettes one of these days!

    xo, Alice / House Inconnue
    The Blog || The Shop

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning makeup! and stunning woman!!
    http://www.mahryska.com/lipsy-love/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm obsessed with this palette! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm totally going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the eyelook- very glam but still natural. I will try to do this- but I am sure I will not do it as good as you did lol. xoxo, Sissi www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete